Monday, February 17, 2014

Last week I posted about my boyfriend, so you all know how much he means to me. Well, today is a very special day because it is his birthday! Weird to think that 18 year-old who swept me off my feet in high school is still by my side at 22. How time flies! I gave him his present this morning and I was so excited about it that I just have to share what I gave him. He basically picked out part of his present….a giant thing of protein. He is definitely a gym junkie, but hey -I’d rather that than a lazy guy. He works hard, and I do admire that. After purchasing the protein, I remembered something. We once went to Seattle for a day trip and visited the zoo, aquarium, the pier, Crab Pot restaurant, and other various activities. We had a blast! After spending around $25 for parking (there is nowhere free to park in the city) and Lord knows how much on admission to all the destinations, it was dark, and we were ready to head home. As we walked down the rainy sidewalk towards the parking garage we left my car at, we noticed a sign that read “CityPass $65 per person” It included several destinations as well as a dinner cruise! We looked at each other and laughed talking about how we wish we would have known about that before we came. Everything is so expensive there. We spent around $70 just for our dinners at the Crab Pot (which I highly recommend, the atmosphere is well worth it). We were a little bummed, but went home with full tummies and happy hearts after a day in such a memorable city. Since he already knew I got him the protein, I wanted to add some sort of element of surprise to his birthday. I remembered about the city passes we had seen and decided to look them up online. I was delighted to find that for $64 per person, I can purchase city passes which include admission to: the space needle (Twice -day and night), Seattle Aquarium, an Argosy Cruises Harbor Tour, EMP Museum or Woodland Park Zoo, and lastly Pacific Science Center or Museum of Flight. These passes can also be used for 9 consecutive days, so if you want to make a weekend of it there is no rush! So along with his present I included an envelope which held two options. On me, we could take a trip to Seattle this spring break or a trip to Silverwood Theme Park (which we LOVE) in May when they open again. Spending time and having experiences together is so much more meaningful than material gifts. It may cost my wallet $128, but making memories together is priceless. He hasn’t decided which he’ll pick yet, but whichever the case we can’t wait for our trip! 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like he's a lucky guy. I always get frustrated with how ridiculous Seattle is with parking. I would say that whatever he chooses, he's in for a good getaway. Thanks for sharing Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a really fun time. You have been together for a long time. Congratulations!
    Your background is really pretty.
    I have one small technical suggestion. It is hard to read your fun stories when you keep it as one block text. Would you consider adding paragraphs?
    I want to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The passes are a great gift. I visited the EMP Museum when I was in Seattle over the summer and found it fascinating (but I love music and pop culture).
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making memories together is the best. Good choice of presents. Not sure what a big hunk of protein is, though. I sort of got a visual of Fred Flinstone bringing home a brontosaurus leg for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making plans together and savoring time together is one of the best parts of a loving partnership. Enjoy the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always nice to have something fun to look forward to. It helps get you through the times in life when you are tired and stressed, times like CUESTE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I hope he chooses soon, I want to know where you guys get to go! You guys are so dang cute together and it's so great to see you so happy to share about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure hope he chooses Silverwood that place is awesome! But so is Seattle I must say so you have given him a tough choice. Either way both are great gifts.

    ReplyDelete