Tuesday, February 4, 2014

As we move through the school year, I get more and more anxious for graduation. It’s hard to believe I’m almost finished with school. Often times I find myself daydreaming of the future. One thing that I have been pondering for a while is the possibility of getting a dog as a graduation present to myself. The thought of a furry little guy to greet me when I come home is very appealing. I’ve grown up my whole life around pets, and since coming to college it’s been a little empty without an animal or two in the house. I do have to keep in mind, however, that animals require a lot of work and attention; especially dogs. If I want to go on a weekend trip, I’ll have to find someone to watch it. They also can be expensive with vet costs and other food/care expenses. On the other hand, a dog would give me something to take care of when living alone for company. Also, I would take it on walks for exercise. Having pets is beneficial to our health as humans when we have an innocent little animal to cuddle and care for. So the debate for my furry little child continues…

2 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to have a furry friend to greet us when we get home and to snuggle with at quiet times. Sounds like you know that a puppy would require a lot of work...but the rewards would be great. You know what you are capable of doing...so trust that inner voice. I agree that having a pet...or pets makes for a fuller life. I have had all kinds of animals from horses to mice...of course the dogs and kitties too. Now I am down to one 23 year old kitty. Enjoy the last weeks of college and maybe just reward yourself with a puppy. You sound like you would make a great fur parent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need one! I will be the dog babysitter. You also need a turtle. I am really glad you are thinking this through in depth though, you grown up you!

    ReplyDelete